- To provide a prospect for students to learn new concepts along with the contemporary study design.
- By end of this course student would be able to understand and interpret the concept of sports nutrition
- They would also be able to differentiate the nutritional requirements of sports persons from normal individuals
Exercise physiology and metabolism- Definitions, Types of exercises (aerobic and anaerobic), limiting factors. Exercise intensity and duration. Adaptations to exercise: physiological and metabolic adaptations to training. Fatigue: types, overtraining, oxygen debt theory, EPOC.
Assessment and health and fitness of athletes. Ideal body composition and nutrition for different sports (endurance sports, intermittent, strength & power, swimming and yoga) and events (marathon and triathlon).
Sports specific Nutrition: effect of specific nutrients on work performance (amino acids, vitamins and minerals) and physical fitness. Nutrients that support physical activity, mobilization of fuel stores during exercise.
Meal plan development and recipes for peak performance. Nutritional requirement based on condition: vegetarian, female athletes, veteran athletes and young athletes. Pre-game and post-game meals.
Sports injury: causes, types, recovery, role of warm up and cool down. Rehabilitation: concepts, objectives and therapeutic modalities (heat and cold, soft tissue massage). Clinical sports nutrition: DM and CVD. Sports psychology and nutritional counselling.
What Will You Learn?
- The purpose of this course is to facilitate the students with an adequate knowledge and exposure in the emerging field of sports nutrition.
- The course is tailor made for pursuing a career in Fitness centers, Sports centers, Hospitals and Corporate nutrition sector.