What is the purpose of this course?
This course aims to provide students with adequate knowledge and exposure in the emerging field of holistic nutrition. This course is meant to supplement an existing course in the Food science Nutrition and Dietetics curriculum and is not an all‐inclusive curriculum by itself.
Who is the target audience for this course?
This course was created for graduate and postgraduate students of Food science, Nutrition and Dietetics and Food technology students of across the country. During the development of this course, it is assumed that a student has completed course work in biological or any allied sciences.
What are the core concepts of this course?
Holistic nutrition focuses on a natural approach to a healthy diet and considers the individual as a whole. This natural approach incorporates emotional, spiritual and physical health in relation to nutrition to create a state of wellbeing for optimum health. Hallmarks of holistic nutrition include knowledge on unrefined, unprocessed, organic and locally grown whole foods and being a smart consumer. It is an approach of conscious choice of eating to benefit the individual overall health while keeping in mind sustainability of the environment.
What are the highlights of this course?
- 30 hours of learning with Q&A facilitated by subject experts (in-staff faculty as well as guest lecturers), through online mode
- Education on disease prevention
- Learn What, Why, and How to Eat
- Nutritional based healing for all.
- Use of natural elements as health boosters
- Nutrition-boosting cooking techniques
- Practical ways to plan healthy diets
- Adjunct knowledge enhancement for food & health professionals
- Provide life-changing skills for individuals seeking lifestyle modification.
- Comprehension of myths related to food and nutrition.
What Will You Learn?
- • Education on disease prevention
- • Learn What, Why, and How to Eat
- • Nutritional based healing for all.
- • Use of natural elements as health boosters
- • Nutrition-boosting cooking techniques
- • Practical ways to plan healthy diets
- • Adjunct knowledge enhancement for food & health professionals
- • Provide life-changing skills for individuals seeking lifestyle modification.
- • Comprehension of myths related to food and nutrition.