- To recognize different players in capital markets and understand funding lifecycles
- To apply Business valuation methods
- To understand Mergers and Acquisitions [M&A] Processes
- To possess the knowledge of Equity capital raising and debt capital raising
- To explore corporate finance career paths.
What Will You Learn?
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Course introduction, corporate finance overview, Players in corporate finance - primary market, Players in corporate finance - secondary market, Types of participants and transactions
- Unit 2: Capital Investment
- Capital investment overview, Net present value (NPV), Terminal value, Unlocking the drivers of value, Enterprise value vs equity value, Internal rate of return (IRR), Mergers and acquisitions, 10-step acquisition process, Types of buyers, Acquisition valuation and analysis, Issues to consider when structuring a deal
- Unit 3: Capital Financing
- Capital financing overview, the business life cycle and funding life cycle, Capital structure, Weighted average cost of capital (WACC), Capital stack. Types of equity, Sources of equity, Private equity and venture capital firms, why use debt, assessing debt capacity, Senior debt overview, Types of subordinated debt, Credit ratings and high yield debt, Mezzanine debt characteristics, Debt repayment profiles, Tradeoffs between debt and equity, Underwriting, underwriting advisory services, Book building process and road show, Pricing the issue
- Unit 4: Dividends and Return of Capital
- Three main activities of corporate finance recap, Dividends and return of capital, Retained earnings and excess cash, Dividends vs share buyback
- Unit 5: Career Opportunities
- Roles in corporate finance – career options in banking, financial institutions, public accounting and corporates.
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet