UNDERSTANDING INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
The course aims at equipping the learners with the basics of International Relations in order to help them gain insights into the undercurrents of global context. This basic knowledge will enable the learners with the knowledge of the fundamental concepts of International Relations and help them acquire skills of application in analysing power- dynamics, affecting individual states in the International system. The nature of national interests, the decision-making process and the way the relations between nations are negotiated and conducted will be explained.
The Course will truly enable the learners to comprehend the broad global character of the political world, organised into nearly 200 nation states. The learners will be equipped with the ability to understand the relationship between domestic affairs and foreign policy and evidently the pragmatic situation of their own individual lives in the present world milieu.
Learners may gain the skills to analyse the current international affairs and may inculcate the skills in global leadership and decision-making.
Duration- 5 Week Long Programme
Total – 5 Units
5 videos Each Unit
References / Reading material / video/ Movie
Quizzes for assessment
MAKING SENSE OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Defining International Relations
- International Relations and International Politics
- Trajectory of the subject
TOOLS TO STUDY INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Approaches to the Study International Relations- Traditional & Modern
- Game Theory
INTERESTS AND INSTRUMENTALITIES
- National Interest
- Foreign Policy and Domestic Policy; Determinants
- Instrumentalities of foreign policy
- Is International Law a Law?
- International Law Commission
- The Arbitration of International disputes
- Principles of the Foreign Policy of India
- India and Regional Groupings
- India as a Soft power
What Will I Learn?
- Enables the learner to comprehend the broad global character of the political world;
- Helps the learner to gain insights into the undercurrents of global context;
- Enables the learner to acquire skills of application in analysing power- dynamics;
- Helps the Learner to gain the skills to analyse the current international affairs and may help inculcate the skills in global leadership and decision-making;
- Enhances the capacity of the learner for problem-solving while addressing the issues of immediate international concern.